(Courtesy: Cary Edmondson, Fresno State)
The Fresno State football program revealed their new uniforms for the 2013 season on Wednesday.
For the first time in school history, the Bulldogs will sport an all-black uniform. Designed by Nike, Fresno State will wear a matte black helmet. The players’ number will be on one side with the Bulldog face on the other.
Do not get too comfortable with the look though. Fresno State says they will only wear them once - against Nevada on Nov. 2 at Bulldog Stadium. After the game, they will be put up for sale.
In addition to the all-black attire, the Bulldogs will don an all-white look in the season-opener against Rutgers on Aug. 29. The uniform includes a new white helmet that they also plan to wear with other jersey and pant combinations in the future.
As far as their red uniforms, the most notable change is the look of the helmet. “Bulldogs” is now scripted on each side instead of the school’s tradition logo.
The Bulldogs said they chose to wear their all-black uniforms against Nevada because that game fell closest to Halloween. The University confirmed that Fresno State will wear their traditional home red uniforms when they host Boise State on Sept. 20.
Below is the Fresno State’s detailed home uniform plan for the upcoming season.
- Aug. 29 vs. Rutgers: All-white uniforms for stadium white out.
- Sept. 7 vs. Cal Poly: Normal red uniforms, but team will be in green socks and arm bands in honor of Ag Night.
- Sept. 20 vs. Boise State: Normal red uniforms, paint the stadium red.
- Oct. 19 vs. UNLV: Retro helmet featuring the old Bulldog script text.
- Nov. 2 vs. Nevada: Black out uniforms.
- Nov. 23 vs. New Mexico: Normal red uniforms for senior day.
— Jay Tust (Follow on Twitter: @KTVBSportsGuy)